God has blessed us with another new year – “Doing the Will of God!
God has blessed us with another year to do His will here on earth(2017!!) This is a great opportunity, but I believe it comes with some responsibility, and you have to know what God’s will is! I think about what Jesus stated when he said:
“Matthew 7:21-22 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?”
In these two scriptures, which I believe are written to Church people/believers specifically sends a major missile over the bow. Could you be doing a bunch of stuff in Jesus’s name that is not the will of God? It seems like to people who removed devils in Jesus’s name, and did the many wonderful works knew enough to do it in Jesus’s name, but for some reason they did not do the Will of God?? That is a scary thought??!!
I do not know any more about those scriptures than what is written, but what I do want to encourage everyone to do is this:
Please, please read the entire Word of God, cover-to-cover. I think knowing, and doing the Will of God starts with reading and knowing in detail His scriptures, all of them! Every, word, every sentence, every paragraph, every page! Read! Read! Read! It is so doable and not impossible. Here is my recommendation, and this is what has worked for me:
- Pray and Ask God for the gift of reading the bible cover-to-cover.
- Read 30 mins every morning at the start of your day.
- Set the goal: 30 mins or 3 chapters per day.
- Pray prior to each days reading and ask God to help you understand reading.
- Reading Strategy:
- One reading plan – Alternate between Old and New Testament books. Start with Genesis, then read Matthew; then read Exodus; Then Mark, ect… Keep alternating between new and Old Testament books until you complete the book.
- Another Reading Plan - Read the 5 five books of Old Testament; then the first 5 New Testament, and then alternate between the old and new testaments reading a book at a time until done.
- The alternation approach breaks up the reading and is a softer approach than reading straight through the bible Genesis-Revelation.
- If you do not understand something, don’t get frustrated, keep reading. The important thing is for your eyes to pass over every word and scripture. (Sometimes you understand scriptures after your second or third pass). Keep reading!
- Highlight the scriptures that jump out at you! These will be the ones possibly that will have the most impact on you later, and will be useful when you review the scriptures in the future.
- Be diligent with the goal in mind to read the entire book!
- This approach allowed me to read the bible cover-to-cover in about a year/year in a half!
Our recommendation, read the bible you have as part of the first step of this 2017 goal. After that, we want to encourage everyone to read the King James Version. So yes, at the end of this very ambitious project you will have read two bibles (Or one KJV twice). No, I am not crazy, this is very doable! Remember, with God All Things are possible! I have done it, so you can do it also!
God Bless, and May He bless you with this wonderful gift - Reading His Word and Doing His Will!