Thou shalt not bear false witness!
“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.”
So, we see hearings, court-room discussions, and testimonies on TV all of the time. Interesting that God wanted to give us a heads-up on how he feels about it, and how we need to operate.
It is very simple, God commands us to be honest!
- not according with truth or fact; incorrect.
"the allegations were false" ·
- appearing to be the thing denoted; deliberately made or meant to deceive.
"a false passport" ·
- illusory; not actually so.
"sunscreens give users a false sense of security"
- treacherous; unfaithful.
"a false lover"
- a person who sees an event, typically a crime or accident, take place.
"police are appealing for witnesses to the accident" ·
- evidence; proof.
"the memorial service was witness to the wide circle of his interest"
- a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- see (an event, typically a crime or accident) take place.
"a bartender who witnessed the murder"
- have knowledge of (an event or change) from personal observation or experience.
"what we are witnessing is the birth of a new political entity"
- (of a person) openly profess one's religious faith.
"our duty is to witness to God"
- a person living near or next door to the speaker or person referred to.
"our garden was the envy of the neighbors"
- (of a place or thing) be situated next to or very near (another).
"the square neighbors the old quarter of the town"